Aim: To enable your charity's supporters to fundraise on behalf of your campaigns by participating in an activity of their choice.
You can ask your supporters to donate to your campaign, but what if you could turn each supporter into an individual fundraiser for you, with them asking 10 of their friends to donate to your campaign? This is called the "fundraiser" idea on GivenGain and getting started is really easy.
Fundraisers can fundraise in any way possible, and most popular options include:
- Running a 10km or half marathon
- Cycling a race
- Pledging their birthday, ie. asking for donations in lieu of gifts
- Swimming a mile
- Performing any weird, fun and crazy activity
- View more examples here
1. Ensure that your GivenGain charity campaigns are up-to-date, or create a new charity campaign for individual fundraising purposes.
2. Add a "Fundraise!" page on your official website with text that invites your supporters to fundraise on your behalf by creating their own individual fundraiser projects, linked to your charity campaigns. Examples: Qhubeka, Greenpop Foundation, Earthchild Project.
3. Add the PDF guide (see below) for download on the page and include the link to your charity campaign(s) on your GivenGain charity profile, for fundraisers to get started immediately. (Recommended - add the free GivenGain widget for this purpose)
4. Email your supporters to introduce the fundraiser idea and link to your new "Fundraise!" webpage. Encourage your supporters to raise funds on your behalf - why not provide some incentives and prizes for the most successful fundraiser?
5. Communicate on a regular basis with your fundraisers and keep them motivated!
Tip: Why not become a fundraiser yourself first to test it out and experience the fundraising idea firsthand?