You could ask your supporters to donate to your campaign, but what if you could convert each supporter into an individual fundraiser for you, with them asking 20 of their friends to donate to your campaign? This is called the "fundraiser" idea on GivenGain and getting started is really easy.
It's free, fun and quick to set up by the fundraiser, and best of all, a fundraiser raises 20 times more* than a donor, so it is an extremely powerful way to help. (See an example of a fundraiser's project)
A fundraiser can receive donations from their networks all over the world and fundraise in any way possible. Most popular options include:
- Running a 10km or half marathon
- Cycling a race
- Pledging their birthday, ie. asking for donations in lieu of gifts
- Swimming a mile
- Growing a beard
- Hosting a dinner party
- Performing any weird, fun and crazy activity
- And many more! The sky's the limit.
How do you offer the individual fundraising option to your supporters?
1. Ensure that your GivenGain charity campaigns are up-to-date, or create a new charity campaign for individual fundraising purposes.
2. Add a "Fundraise!" page on your official website with text that invites your supporters to fundraise on your behalf by creating their own individual fundraiser projects, linked to your charity campaigns. Examples: Qhubeka, Greenpop Foundation, Kolisi Foundation.
3. Email your supporters to introduce the fundraiser idea and include the link to your new "Fundraise!" webpage (or to your GivenGain charity campaign). Encourage your supporters to raise funds on your behalf - why not provide some incentives and prizes for the most successful fundraiser?
4. Communicate on a regular basis with your fundraisers and keep them motivated!
Tip: Why not become a fundraiser yourself first to test it out and experience the fundraising idea firsthand?
*GivenGain fundraising data, 2015 - 2021.